MS4 Water Pollution Prevention Program
Small Municipal Separate Storm Sewer Systems
In our commitment to protect our precious waters, we would like to remind our ohana that all storm drains flow to the ocean.
How can we help?
- Place litter in trash bins.
- Reduce waste. Buy products with less packaging.
- Recycle cans, bottle, and paper products.
- Reduce chemical usages such as fertilizer and pesticide
- Compost green waste. Do it yourself or utilize City green waste collection.
- Protect loose stockpile of soil, fertilizers, and other materials from washing away.
- Report violators of illegal dumping.
- Maintain Storm Drain system. Inspect periodically and clean as needed.
- Restrict washing of cars and other vehicles on school campus.
- Practice proper handling of household hazardous waste and automotive fluids.
- Volunteer for litter and stream clean ups.
- Inform school principal of pollution hazards on campus.